Eighth in line: Main Male Character nominations for 2010~
Yes, the time has come for the main categories. I know some of you have been waiting quite eagerly for them. One of them is anaaga-chan, who has been as jubilant over the lists, like how I am while making them. My goal is to at least schedule the remaining three every day so that I can close the polls by 31st December and reveal the results on New Year’s.
Update: I have covered the following till now.
- 2010 Year-Ender – Anime OPs
- 2010 Year-Ender – Anime EDs
- 2010 Year-Ender – Male Seiyuu
- 2010 Year-Ender – Female Seiyuu
- 2010 Year-Ender – Supporting Male Character
- 2010 Year-Ender – Supporting Female Characters
- 2010 Year-Ender – Villainous Character
Keep VOTING! If you missed these categories because polls are still open in their respective posts. Follow the links!
Oh man, this was HARD!!! You don’t know how much I went back and forth to make this list! So, there’s going to be 17 rather than 16 nominations because whatever I did, it just did not make sense and leaving any of the below seemed like blasphemy. >.<’’ Anyway, this was made in a hurry so I’ll proofread this tomorrow. Don’t even ask me about Vids… Just enjoy voting!
1. Shizuo – Durarara!!
Let me first just say that finding solo pictures of Shizu-chan was a PAIN. So much Shizaya going on… *A*Ahem. But, I can write a full article on him off the bat, I like him that much. Sue me but yeah, he’s on the top of my list while the rest are in no particular order. So, you would think that the blonde guy, who is most probably a butler and wears out of fashion shades, is just another dude on the street. OH, SO WRONG YOU ARE! He can flip you in air with one move if he wants to. My advice to you, stay the hell away or keep him happy because he’s too awesome for his own good and has a very nano-second fuse. In all possibilities do not anger him or else….
2. Mikado – Durarara!!
There are people I know who dislike him but I would go for the contrary rather, not only because he’s the mastermind behind Dollars but there’s something very innocently honest in him that is not present in any other protagonists of this series. He only thinks about the good of others and I can’t wait to see him grow into a stronger man in the next season (Brains Base, goddamn you, announce already!). Don’t know what I’m talking about? Read the light novel summaries of so many volumes that are filled with awesomeness.
3. Kida – Durarara!!
The happy-go-lucky humourist, who is the life of any party. His overly friendly nature and jubilation is what Mikado lacks. He says anything without thinking a lot on it and can poke fun at anything. You can’t really tell from his smile how many skeletons he has in his closet but he’s a man who looked straight at his faults and faced them head-on.
4. Otonashi – Angel Beats!
The guy who overcame all. He’s a perfect main lead who is there to save, rescue and salvage people from problems and internal turmoil. The beacon light without which AB! would not have been such a great series. Another Tomoya in making if this ever gets a decent season two with the original cast.
5. Shichika – Katanagatari
I always loved how Shichika grew as a person starting from episode one. On every step he learned a new lesson and at the last one, the most painful of all. That last episode made for every slow moment of the series because it was more than EPIC WIN. He went to something even beyond BAMF and he sure deserves all the accolades that you would throw at him.
6. Ric – Arakawa Under the Bridge/ x Bridge
One of the funniest heroes of this season. Not because he’s doing something funny himself, well he does but his classic reaction to the random stuff that keeps on happening around the Bridge residents is what makes him downright hilarious!
7. Usui – Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Because he is awesome and knows everything. I mean it when I say it. I also have the hots for his megane look. He and Misaki makes Kaichou wa Maid-sama! watchable when J.C. Staff completely raped it. Switch to manga people, it’s so better.
8. Mashiro & Takagi – Bakuman
They are inseparable and the reason for a join nomination. How will they ever make a good manga solo, huh? In other words, they complete each other. Please fangirls, don’t even go to the yaoi level. I have seen enough already while searching for pics today… >.>
9. Ciel-Sebastian & Alois-Claude – Kuroshitsuji II
Again, pair of inseparable duo, who have to be mentioned together.
- The Lord and the butler chanting, “Yes, my Lordo~”. The perfect match of OD and Maaya. And no, it’s not yaoi. There’s a limit to that though I would still say, Ciel is the best shouta created ever and who else could be an awesome butler other than Sebastian?
- It would be bad of me if I don’t mention these two as well because they did significantly even when they were introduced in the second season and were not part of the original cast. Takahiro and Nana gave life to this evil pair, who everyone loved to hate. Yes, your highness!
10. Kuranosuke – Kuragehime
Oh god, how many times will I say, I love this guy, but I do. Didn’t I say, this was very hard to decide on? Kuranosuke is everything else and then some of whatever is expected from a main lead. He’s delicate, cross dresses and has girly features. YET, his masculinity shines through and there is no mistaking in his feelings for Tsukimi. He is a Prince disguised as Princess and hell yeah, we LOVE IT!
11. Kyousuke – OreImo
I LOVE THIS GUY. Call me repetitive but I wish I had a dependable brother like him. He’s so great that he accepts all weird finickiness of his sister, who’s a total bitch to him. His deadpan looks are the best and same for his monotonous voice that only shows emotion when he’s angry or nerved out. Another season? Yes please!
12. Date & Yukimura – Sengoku Basara Ni
OK, these two are made for each other. I mean it. There’s so much innuendo in Sengoku that you just fall over and still keep laughing. A techno version of Samurai era with Date throwing his awesome Engrish. Also, those high tension lines by Yukimura who’s adrenaline level seems to always talk to sky. I want that movie so: Party o ware ne~
13. Natsuno, Toshio and Seishin – Shiki
The glittering crux of Shiki. The men with responsibility. Is this another version of Toshio and Seishin trying to rape Natsuno? Uhh, no. Though, these three deserve all the applause for surviving/ploughing their way through the whole vampire epidemic. Though Natsuno’s been turned and seems like Seishin is on his way. The last episode is still a few days away, still the trio deserves to be upped on the main slot.
14. Tatsumi – Giant Killing
Another perfect main protagonist, who pulled the full series on his shoulders. He is the genius coach who turns a losing team ETU to a winner with his eccentric training and strategies. Yep, he deserves all the praise.
15. Watashi – Tatami Galaxy
You really don’t know his name even till the end so the Watashi (“I”) would stick around. He’s the main lead whose life is turned upside down with a never ending loop of events that go from bad to worse. It’s how he copes with them is what makes it interesting for the watchers. Also, someone should give a medal to Shintaro for speaking so fast!
16. Yakumo – Psychic Detective Yakumo
He needs MOAR love. Look at his bishiness!!! He deserves fangirling. Not to mention the fact that he solves crimes with his special power of seeing and talking to supernatural beings. Not a very original idea per se but OD makes this character alive and manga/light novels are awesome. So, boo! I like him!
17. Ginga bishounen! Takuto – Start Driver
He is FABULOUS~ Who would have gone through that transformation and had an ounce of manliness left but seems like our Takuto can do it so APPRIVOISE!
- Harem boys: Junichi from Amagami SS, Keima from TWGOK and Touma from Index II. They were good at their own right but you can already see how hard the categories were so well, be just be happy to get acknowledgement.
- Zess, Hodr and Rygart from Break Blade. The second movie really upped the ante from the first. I can actually bother now to watch and complete this.
- Takashi from HOTD. He and Saeko were the only reason for me to keep watching this zombie-fest.
- Taro from MM! So what if he’s a big M. He had his good moments.
- Chiaki from Nodame Cantabile Finale. One of my all time favourite shoujos though even when it had its pitfalls.
- Fumiaki from Occult Academy. He made up for all the slowness in the last episode. Good one, guy!
- Ryoushi from Ookami-san because he sure grew well.
- All the hot main bishies of UraBoku, Togainu no Chi and Hakuouki Hekketsuroku. Because it needs to be mentioned for the fangirls. Kya~
- Kei and Riken from Otome Youkai Zakuro. If only the females didn’t dominate them so thoroughly. xD
TIME TO VOTE!
Yeah, difficult task ahead… So, show your support for your favourite Main Male Character of 2010. Like all previous categories, you can vote up to SEVEN (7) choices! So, let us know which of the nominees you voted for and why? Till next time, Ja ne~ ^^