Sixth in line: Supporting Female Character nominations for 2010~
Holidays… Please come closer so that I can finally relax for a few days!!! Yeah, Christmas is around the corner and have you completed your shopping? Don’t depend on those quick dashes because they only work for the lucky ones. Anyway, just to repeat, the following nominees are in no particular order and taken from the series released in 2010.
I’m surprised to find less females to nominate when I had such a hard time doing the male support list. Or I guess, my standards got too high? Still, vote as per your liking. So far for the record, I have completed the following:
- 2010 Year-Ender – Anime OPs
- 2010 Year-Ender – Anime EDs
- 2010 Year-Ender – Male Seiyuu
- 2010 Year-Ender – Female Seiyuu
- 2010 Year-Ender – Supporting Male Character
- Keep VOTING! If you missed these categories because polls are still open in their respective posts. Follow the links!
1. Maria – Arakawa Under the Bridge /x Bridge
Sawashiro Miyuki makes Maria so WIN that even words get scarce. Her character is one of the most interesting out of all the females in Arakawa. Taking joy in torturing others, specifically Sister is her favourite hobby. She’s a force to reckon with. Indeed, be afraid.
2. Stella – Arakawa Under the Bridge /x Bridge
“Such a cute girl! Can I tweak your cheeks?” *hand get bitten* Eeeeek! A little girl? Don’t make me laugh! Sister has trained her to have two-sided personalities that switch from a loli to a wrestler in a jiffy. She will stomp on you repeatedly, your only refuge is Sister; though don’t expect much from him because he would be laughing his heart out seeing you get beaten rather than getting in between.
3. Yui – Angel Beats!
She’s one of those cute, moe characters that you want to take home. She’s adorable! Not to mention she’s the leader of the amazing Girls DeMo. After going through all that and still keeping a smile on her face? You gotta love her, ne~?
4. Iwasawa – Angel Beats!
She had such a short role but even then left quite a big mark. I always liked her versions of songs better than the rest. Her “Last Song” and how it was placed in the anime is what made that scene one of the most emotional and memorable of the season. Did you get goosebumps while watching this?
5. Miya and Hibiki – Amagami SS
These were the girls who were neglected by Junichi Tachibana and I’m so glad that was the case. Why? Because they didn’t get a four-episode quickie hookup! I like Hibiki for being the sensible and confident self; If I was a guy, I would so date her. While Miya’s nishishishi~ won me over, how is not that cute? She’s a sly one too. :3
6. Celty – Durarara!!
The most human character of Durarara!! So what if she’s a supernatural being? She can kick your butt with the snap of her finger and can transport anything. On the other hand, she’s afraid of traffic police and cheesy horror movies. Yes, adorable indeed.
7. Karisawa – Durarara!!
She deserves a spot of her own because of being part of the Dotachin gang! A pure otaku, she obsesses over animanga and everything related to it. She relishes it with her partner in crime, Yummachi and some other extracurricular activities. Like any true fangirl, she sees BL when there is, case in point, Shizaya~
8. Ruri Kuroneko – OreImo
She overshadows the screen, whenever she arrives. Her deadpan expressions and voice to match are things that set her apart from the over-mouthing, Kirino. She only shows her cute side in the Kuroneko form. Her interest in Kyousuke sure peaked by the end of first season… because I’m banking on for moar, yeah!
9. Ringo – Ookami-san
The only character that left an imprint on my mind after slugging through this average series. She is seriously that friend who you go to, while going about a friend indeed. Some cheers for this loli, red-riding hood.
10. Original Amars (Banba, Chieko, Jiji, Mayaya, Mangaka) – Kuragehime
The otaku awesomeness! I can only wish I could go to their level but it’s basically impossible. The most interesting fact is that they are not all animanga otakus but have different genres that they obsess over. That is why people say, diversity is always good!
11. Kaya and Miho – Bakuman
These girls are sadly not very important in the series even being the main heroines. But they don’t draw manga, do they? Shove over. Being completely opposite from each other, they end up complementing each other as perfect best friends.
12. Kuroko – Index II/ Railgun OVA
She is something alright. Lusting after her onee-sama and quite diligently too. After some initial annoyance, you actually get to like her as you progress in the world of Academy City. She’s a powerful esper, so if you happen to like Mikoto, don’t show it in front of her or else you would be teleported to an unknown place with a very unfriendly wildlife.
13. Ami/ Kozue/ Chihiro – Occult Academy
The trio, who are the female shoulders over which Occult Academy became a reality. Well, not specifically RL but you catch my drift, right? Ami is the sensible one, while Kozue, the typical megane girl-next-door; the only difference being her obsessed over Occult. Chihiro deserves all the praise, seriously for doing what she did. That ending fight was amazing; black verses white? I would always support white.
14. Ritsu – Shiki
Ritsu has all my respect for being such an upstanding citizen of Satoba, nurse of Ozaki clinic and one of the very few vampires who could actually control their bloodlust after being awakened. Would she survive or die painfully? I hate cliffhangers!
15. Dudettes of Working!!
One of the most interesting bunch like the guys already mentioned in the previous nominations. Everyone has their own typical little problem and it’s unique to them for sure. These girls rule the world of Wagnaria and the guys better watch out for them!
16. Hitei – Katanagatari
She was definitely annoying! She kept on giving Togame the slip and her pawn, Emonzaemon was a slippery one as well. In the last episode though, she did redeem herself somewhat. Not a whole lot though. She gets a nomination for turning the tables.
- Shiina, Yusa, Hisako, Hitomi, Irie and Sekine from Angel Beats! They were good, that is all.
- Amazonness, P-ko and Queen Bee from Arakawa Under the Bridge/x Bridge.
- Bonbori/ Hoozuki from Otome Youkai Zakuro because they are double, amazing duo. That haunting song just won me over.
- Hanuki and Kaori from Tatami Galaxy. With such strong male characters, they still help up their place. Does anyone else remember Hanuki licking Watashi’s face in a drunken haze? Also, Kaori actually finding voice? This anime is awesome; I will keep on saying that.
- Yuri Nagata from Giant Killing. The only girl with so many unruly men! She gets loads of props being their PR Manager.
- Kyousuke’s harem: Ayase/ Saori/ Nanami – OreImo. Not technically but you catch my drift. These girls were cool in their own way. I can’t wait to see the real Saori though. :3
- Saya – HOTD. I don’t like her that much but at least she is better than Rei, who annoyed me quite thoroughly.
- Kaori from Shiki. Another character that was pretty adorable from the beginning. I just hope she survives! Dx
- Maids from Soredemo Machi wa Matteiru. Because they are not getting any main nominations. They were still funny when they tried at least.
- Touma’s harem from Index II… Who were they again? Where is the awesomeness of Index I, damn it!!!
- Haruka’s harem from Yosuga Porn-Yes Sora. What else did they do except from taking off their clothes? Oh well, no wonder guys enjoy this series so much… >.>
TIME TO VOTE!
Time for those clicks and show your support for who should be the Fan-favourite top Supporting Female character of this year. Like all previous categories, you can vote up to SEVEN (7) choices! So, let us know which of the nominees you voted for and why? Till my next post, vote away~ ^^
PS: Can you guess, what would be the next category? Everyone who guesses right can get a custom title here. ^^