Applications are NOW CLOSED!
We want FRESH MEAT! Different kinds too! We need to do some quick hiring so get your writing/editing gear ON and apply ASAP!
Oh yes, it’s that time again, when Metanorn sends out a feeler to the aniblogging community for some new
minions talent. I’m just glad it came after two seasons rather than one. Since last year, I’m glad to have acquired a core aniblogging team which has been dedicated in their posts and all around site activities (and you know, we have too many to count :3). However, there have been some hiatuses and also some goodbyes. Not to mention, this expansion in team is for a varied array of content for the site to up the delight of our regulars. SO! Time to get some new blood in and let the awesomeness flow!
Who are we looking for?
This time around, we want some variety:
- Anibloggers for Episodics, Editorials, Manga reviews, Recommendations, Impressions and News update (3-5 Positions)
- Sound and/or Video Editors for hands on audio and/or video editing (2 Positions)
Some criterion for what we are looking for:
- FANDOM: Avid watcher/reader of anime/manga
- DEDICATION: Has more than an interest in writing/editing and sharing thoughts, as the bottom line will always be to enjoy the process.
- EXPERIENCE: Some ground knowledge about aniblogging, screen-capping (this is not mandatory as I can always provide a tutorial on our format) and audio/visual editing would be a plus.
What an ideal application should include?
- An introduction about yourself, some info about how you came to love the fandom, your interest in writing/editing, etc.
- If you are already writing/blogging/editing (AMVs/Podcasts, etc.), provide samples with your plugs.
- Aniblogger post example to be either episodic/editorial/review post in format. Add in screencaps/images to show relevance to the post you have written. Preferred format for this is MS Word document/ PDF/ Google docs.
- For Audio and/or Video Editor positions: Provide links to the media you have edited or made; Podcasts, voice overs, fan-dubs, AMVs count too.
- Answer these fandom related questions:
- What kind of anime/manga you like?
- What are you currently watching/reading? Which titles you followed for Winter?
- From the Spring 2011 shows, what looks interesting to you? Also, for blogging what is your favourite genre and shows that you would like to cover?
- If you get selected, what categories would you like to post for from the above wanted list?
Some Pro Messages from the Meta Team:
Foshizzel: New blood?! AWESOME! Yes, if you want to be a part of something fun and interesting; join Metanorn! We have quite a few new things setting up for the future. So, we would love to have you become a part of the team! Apply now and get started with all of the amazing writers here. Good luck!
Overcooled: Hello there, potential underlings! If you have even the slightest feeling that you might make it, shoot us an application. Half of the people who make it (including me) say they were surprised or not expecting anything in the end. Heck, I didn’t even know what WordPress was or how to take a screenshot when I applied. Take a chance, and we promise to treat you well~
Hato-kun: Well guys, it’s time again. Unfortunately, the great Hato shall be a little bit busy the next few months, and that seriously hinders my writing ability. So we’re on the lookout again! Could it be you? Or even you?! In any case fear not, I shall still be around to guide and teach you the ways!
Hoshi here, and it seems it’s time to gather another batch of fresh meat, err, writers! It’s starting to feel like we have generations now, like in Jpop groups. xD Anyways, I wish you all good luck, and don’t be afraid to apply; trust me, I built up my courage and now I’m a sempai, heehee~ Hope to happily work with some of you soon!
Ness: I will write out your application for money… joking!!~ Don’t stress out when applying, just keep in mind the due date and work on your application accordingly. Follow the guidelines and answer the questions in that outline is always helpful. If you have any questions, we’re always around to answer them. As well, save your file constantly while working on it and don’t forget to always spell check.
Sassy: If you’re on the fence on this, here’s some motivation for you. We have some cool ideas for the future that you will get to be a part of if you join the team. Don’t you want to be a part of the next Met’amour??? Apply! NOW!!!
Final word from the Boss~ So, what are you waiting for?
Obligatory Shiki cuteness: C’me here, you! Have fun with us.
The Deadline is 16th April, 2011 (±12hours), as we are very international and awesome! Email your submissions to [email protected]. I would welcome guest bloggers too, so whatever floats your boat. ^^ Update: Please note that if you don’t receive my acknowledgement within three days, please email back or comment here. Thanks!
In case of any questions, comment below, email or tweet. My team and I, would look forward to your applications as we will be judging all of them and quite quickly too. So, good luck and do share this opening with your friends, who you might think would be suited for the positions mentioned above. You might get one up on my list if you have seen all the Kara no Kyoukai movies, but I can’t do that…
Though, you never know.
Happy applying, Ja ne~