The Gahara army strikes! Only 32 girls remain going into Round 3~
Unsurprisingly, Ai’s run comes to an end against two Saki girls. The faction decided to support Nodo-chan on this one, which means Momo got the short end of the stick. Sayonara Stealth Momo. ;__; On the other side of the bracket Senjougahara proved Ghostory isn’t out of the game just yet, taking out two relatively strong enemies and putting herself in the target of the Saki supporters. I’m looking forward to this showdown between Nodo-chan and Gahara, it’ll be a chance for both of them to prove something. For Nodo-chan, to prove the old Saki girls have just as much power as the new girls and Gahara to prove that Bake is a force not to be reckoned with, which shouldn’t be too hard with anti-Saki voters behind her. Plus there’s the added benefit of the results of the next group … (Voting Graphs: Nodoka / Hitagi)
TSUKIHI<3 She killed it in the votes, easily defeating all three of her foes. Rea’s show was quite disappointing. Kotori’s loss marks another in a long line of Round 2 [email protected] defeats. Disappointing all around from them, but thankfully Chihaya and Iori can carry on the torch. Ako vs. Squid Girl was a pretty close match, but the former broke through in the end. Ika’s lose means only one girl (Astarotte) remains from last year’s final 8, as the Madoka girls weren’t in this years tournament and neither was Ruri. Ika’s loss might be partially a fault of the Koroco seiyuu incident, but who knows. Anyway, this means Group G comes down to a Ghostory vs. Saki showdown and I get the feeling it will be an intense one! (Voting Graphs: Tsukihi / Ako)
A bit of a surprise here, Airi defeats one of the most popular girls from Working! Poplar was in the lead all day, but a last minute switch put Airi in the lead. Ro-Kyu-Bo has been more impressive than I expected, but Round 3 will probably mark their end. On the other hand we had another close bout. Shana’s final tournament appearance has definitely increased her chances of winning, as Snow Black fell victim. Poplar’s defeat may have been strategic voting by Shana supporters, so I don’t expect Round 3 to be too difficult for Shana unless Saki gets in on things. (Voting Graphs: Airi / Shana)
The last of the Afternoon Tea Time girls remains strong, and even more impressively taking out a former winner. H2 marks the end of Working’s presence in Saimoe, disappointingly. Anyway, I’m happy to see that at least one K-ON’r made it through after last year’s sad showing. The other side turned into an Elsia vs. Sena duel, but Sena’s support proved too strong for the demon. Marika unfortunately barely stood a chance. This has been a great year for the newcomers of Haganai, getting two girls this far and having a good chance of getting at least one in the final 8. Mio might not be as difficult as she appears to beat. (Voting Graphs: Mio / Sena)
(FULL CHART: HERE)
Round 3 is shaping up to be an incredibly exciting final round before the Bracket finals. This year has definitely been a Saki year, much like how last year was a Madoka year. However, I don’t think Saki will have as easy a ride to the final 8 as Madoka Magica had. There are some serious threats mixed in the brackets who will give them a challenge for sure. Due to the sheer amount of Saki girls in the final 32 it will eventually lead to the Saki faction having to break into sides for their favorites, which is what might lead to their defeat. It’s been a very interesting year so far with some great matches and I can’t wait for more!~
My Updated Final 8 Prediction: Koromo Amae, Akari Akaza, Yayoi Kise, Nagi Sanzenin, Yuu Matsumi, Kuro Matsumi, Nodoka Harumura, and Sena Kashiwazaki.
Instead of doing regular predictions this week since I’ve already sort of made them within the last few weeks, I’ll just list some random trivia about the tournament this year.
- 15 of the 32 remaining girls are newcomers, represented in 8 of the 8 brackets.
- 10 of the 32 remaining girls are from Saki, represented in 6 of the 8 brackets.
- 6 of the 32 remaining girls are voiced by Rie Kugimiya.
- 7 of the 32 remaining girls have made it to the final 8 in the past. (Shana in 2006/2010, Nagi Sanzenin in 2007/2010, Louise Vallerie in 2007/2009, Yuuki Kataoka in 2009, Nodoka Haramura in 2009/2010, Koromo Amae in 2009/2010, and Astarotte Ygvar in 2011).
- 4 of the 32 remaining girls have made it to the final 4 in the past. (Shana in 2006, Nagi Sanzenin in 2007/2010, Nodoka Haramura in 2009/2010, Koromo Amae in 2010).
- 1 of the 32 remaining girls has made it to the final 2 in the past. (Nagi Sanzenin in 2007/2010).
- None of the remaining girls have ever won.
Well, here it goes:
- Highway (19th), Akagami (18th), Black Briar (17th), Kai (16th), and Yerocha (15th) have all been eliminated from MetaMoe. Better luck next time, and thanks for playing! Remember, Saimoe takes no prisoners kukuku.
- Anemorj, Raiyuu, Roxalthea, Rakkyo, Samantha Zan, Gecko, Jrow, Kyokai, Karakuri, and Foshizzle are all hanging on with only one pick remaining in the game. It would seem that more will soon fall~
- Enma, Thorgrim01, and Hawthorne are sitting in only a slightly better position with two characters remaining.
- Tofu is sitting on his throne of moe with three picks remaining.