We need your support in Round 4 of Aniblog Tourney!
Hello readers/lurkers, I am back with some delicious and yummy goodness. Not the cooking kind, mind you, but the update kind. If you have been following us for a while, you have already gone through our extensive reviews of Aniblogs from round one and two. If you are new to the game, let me enlighten you with the fact that the Aniblog Tourney happens every two years (this is the second and some are already claiming it to be it’s last stint), where different aniblogs are pitted against each other through polled votes. For the staff, aniblog is a broad term including, anime, manga, editorialists, scanlators, sub- and even music-reviewers. The popular belief is that it’s the best way to discover new blogs but the grapevine has dubbed it a popularity contest. Well, it is that too but most of all, it’s usually fun and if you take it for what it’s worth, a lot of new generation bloggers have come to the fore because of it.
If you ask me, 168 was a huge number to start with compared to Tourney I’s 96 blogs. Though, the number has drastically reduced now to 33 from the three digit 168. It took more than two months to reach this number but with reason as a delay of few weeks was introduced for a better voting system than Polldaddy, which was very blatantly rigged by some parties. However thing transpired in round 3, it’s amazing to see a mix of old and new blogs make the last 33 for round 4. Interesting to note is that 20 of these blogs (61%) are Tourney I participants, while remaining 13 are new blogs (39%), pushing steadily on.
To put you up to speed, rather than reviewing them once again, I’m dubbing them with unique titles and one-liners, which might not be very explanatory but my personal view. The matches are short so do check out the following blogs and their respective polls from 20th till 24th June. Without any further ado:
- Star Crossed Anime Blog - Blogging Machine since 2005. Last Tourney Winner and an overwhelming competitor.
- Beneath the Tangles - Religion in Anime: Yep, unique indeed.
- Baka Laureate - Kriz is not really a baka but a wordy blogger with fun reviews.
- Reverse Thieves - Thematic blog with a very neat brand identity.
- Caraniel’s Ramblings - Bubbly reviews with loads of laugh inserts.
- 8thSin Fansubs Anime Blog - Fansub critic, who’s an eye.
- Okazu - That yuri blog run by a social media executive.
- Those Damned Cartoons - Bradley calls them cartoons but he writes about them quite religiously and seriously.
- Metanorn - KIRA KIRA Molecular Anime Cuisine.
- Anime Diet - Variety max.
- Ogiue Maniax - Boeuf Bourguignion of anisphere.
- Sekijitsu - Bro-aniblog with a bitchin’ design.
- Listless Ink - Yuritastically fun.
- Atarashii Prelude - shin no ecchi!
- Loli Salad - No, you really won’t get chopped up lolis here but a Fang-tan.
- Shinde Iie Anime Blog - Tsun writer, who sometimes deliciously moans.
- Baka-Raptor - Mr. Raptor, ’nuff said.
- Whiners.pro - Pro Whiners. I had this covered before.
- The null set - Not null but pretty full.
- Kritik der Animationskraft - Leijilimens.
- THAT Anime Blog - Oldest Team blog. Lots of respect.
- Empty Blue - Don’t make a contract with the Kyuubey that runs this site!
- Anime Instrumentality - Anime music reviews and recently some episodics too.
- Lemmas and Submodalities - Not a hentai blog even if chrome gives you a warning. Some very interesting editorials.
- Analog Housou - Mistakes of Youth Redux.
- Mainichi Anime Yume - Anime themes taken very seriously.
- Lower Mid-Table - #YESWECANPERORJ
- Canne’s anime review blog - Gogo Canne!
- Daifuuku Anime Blog - Sweetest dish on this round.
- Sea Slugs Anime Blog - Namako’s kawaii desu.
- Blogsuki- Old intelligent fag. I wish, he would write more.
- Lost in America - Another episodic blogging machine. He’s a quarter demon for sure!
- Conspicuous klux - Lovable Animetard.
I’m sleep deprived so I don’t know if above made much sense but this is the latest report and last stretch of the second Aniblog Tourney, which will gambol its end in a few days. So, we’d definitely like your continued support and thanks to everyone who voted on previous rounds. Till now, we have received a slew of interesting feedback, and Round 3 was definitely bomb in collaboration. We are still having fun and if you like what we do, support us in the red bracket polls to be live till 8pm GMT on 21st June! Ja ne~