and now will know. Kyo Year II Special 1/3
|It’s all Acerailgun fault but I thought it a good way to reveal some facts. I’ve become too mysterious lately and this won’t of course lessen any such myth but hey, at least for the current reality, this should work. :3 It’s been such a long time that I did any list so read on or I should say, laugh on… Also, I just realized that it’s White Day, so for doubling the flavour, this is something-special for my awesome readers (whichever gender) of Metanorn.|
1. Who is your favorite male anime character?
This is a hard one because I don’t like choosing between favourites but there are too many! So, I’ll do with my top three as Kenshin, Gintoki and Kyon. They have the characteristics that are noble, heroic and comedic. However, at the same time they are pretty normal (Kyon even more so than the other two). I like how they coped through all the situations in their life in total calmness rather than being stressed about it; the thing that is common between them is the ability to persevere. I really admire that.
2. Who is your favorite female character?
Ryougi Shiki. There are many other female characters like Senjougahara, Seras, Kusanagi, Sawako and Chihaya, who I admire but no one would come close to how much I like Shiki. Her characteristic to remain aloof yet ever observing, empty yet full to the brim, the constant resistance towards life in her own way is something that you don’t find in many characters. She’s called Kuudere for a reason and I love her complexity. Discovering her while watching all the Kara no Kyoukai movies has been an absolute treat.
3. What is your favorite anime soundtrack?
First and foremost Kara no Kyoukai soundtracks that are bombshells composed by Yuki Kajiura. Recent favourites include Ao no Exorcist, Kamisama no Memochou and Guilty Crown Soundtracks.
4. What is your favorite anime opening + animation?
Higashi no Eden’s “Falling Down” by Oasis: One of the best animated openings, perfect for the series.
5. What is your favorite anime ending song + animation?
I have a severe attachment to Bakemonogatari’s Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari and DAT twelfth episode.
6. What is your favorite anime scene?
This is a very hard choice but as I’m on a roll for Kara no Kyoukai, I have to choose the Tomoe scene from the fifth movie. Show ▼
7. If you could meet an anime character, who would it be?
Great Teacher Onizuka or Gintoki. They are hilarious and amazing individuals. Being jack of all trade also helps.
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
There’s no perfect match but I’m a mixture of Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai), Chihaya (Chihayafuru) and Rin (Fate/stay night). I know a hard combination to put your mind around it but that is how it is.
9. What is your favorite thing about anime?
The creativity of 2D itself. You can do so much and without any boundaries. It’s visually stimulating and really gives your mind a run for its money. One of the best escapisms and at times even better than Hollywood movies; my choice of contribution speaks louder than words after all.
10. What is your least favorite thing about anime?
Misconstrued concept of otakuism. I know there are people who fit into the couch potato, hikikomori mold but just because a stereotype exists doesn’t mean EVERYONE IS LIKE THAT. I’m not into lolis, neither I have pedo-bearish tendencies. I watch anime because I like it but yeah, this is a long argument and you can’t make everyone happy. So, if you ever come across a person who disses the fandom, ignore them and move on.
11. Who are your favorite anime couple?
Do you even have to ask?! Shiki and Mikiya.
12. Who is your favorite anime animal?
Nyanko-sensei, I even like his Madara version; though the former is huggly-wuggly.
13. What anime would make a good game?
Shiki. KILL THE HUMANS and score points!
14. What game would make a good anime?
I haven’t played many games to qualify for this question but an easy pick would be Mahou Tsukai no Yoru. I know, I’m hopeless.
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
Truth be told, it was Pokemon.
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
17. What is your favorite genre of anime?
Currently, I can watch almost anything but on preference level: Mystery, Horror, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Comedy, Josei, Shoujo and Slice of Life.
18. What is your least favorite genre of anime?
Ecchi and unrealistic slice of life is a pain too.
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
Yes. Everyone who is close to me knows my addiction, from parents to relatives and friends.
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
No, but hopefully I will some day.
21. What anime was the biggest let down for you?
Darker than Black season two. Ugh.
22. What anime was better than expected?
Tatami Galaxy. I had no expectations at all but it surprised me, in a very good way.
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
In Evangelion Rebuild, when Asuka goes berserk and Shinji’s unit almost kills her. The raw power was just amazing, the machine blood helped too.
24. Who is your anime husbando?
Easily, Kokutou Mikiya.
25. What was your favorite video game as a child?
Mortal Combat. I used to a do a duck trick and whenever the opponent would come near me, I would punch/combo them. Good times.
26. Most Embarrassing moment?
I nosedived in front of around 20 people because my heel broke. I was completely tip-top that day due to a major presentation at my uni. I think 10% of my 100% confidence was reduced while presenting my report due to it. ><
27a. Can you drive?
Yes, but occasionally.
27b. Do you own a car?
28. Are you mature?
Yes. More than my years.
29. What year were you born?
1983. Do the math.
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
Cats. I have a live example that you guys can see…
31. Describe yourself physically.
Tall compared to Asian height, average weight, dark brown eyes and wavy hair. My best features are my eyes and my 1000 watt smile.
32. What would you name your first child?
Depending on their gender, will think up something with my better half. I am not that obsessed that I would scribble possible names in my diary right now.
33. What is the worst injury you have ever had?
I had a hair-line fracture that took two months to heal. Bed rest was no good for me.
34. What is your worst habit?
When I’m overly stressed, I bite the skin around my nails. Trying to get over that habit for some time now.
35. Do you drink or smoke?
Nope and never plan to. I once smoked though.
36. Do you have a tattoo?
Again, no and never plan to.
37. Are you a morning person or a night person?
I just need 5-8 hours of sleep and I’m good as new. I prefer to be a night person but I can wake up early to stuff done as well.
38. Have you ever slept past midday?
Yes, usually on weekends/vacation time.
39. Do you regret anything?
Many things. This is how you learn, don’t you? You just can’t do everything perfectly. Experience comes from mistakes and personally I learn from them and try to be a better person.
40. Can you count the number of friends you have on one hand?
No. But close friends, yes.
41. Do you wear glasses?
No, though I have an attraction towards megane-kuns.
42. Are you a picky eater?
Naah. I can eat food cold, just off the fridge. Unless it’s too spicy for my taste, I can gobble up almost anything; exception is pork and bitter gourd.
43. Would you die for someone?
Yes. For my loved ones. If I could do something to save them from harm’s way, I won’t think about my own life.
44. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Time travel. I have a fascination with it since college days; I even ended up researching its theories for an article.
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
Not the Paranormal Activity sort but the concept of djinns and mysterioous sources that can bend reality.
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
Mildly rich would be great; everyone needs moneehhhs, you know! I don’t want to become snobbish after becoming famous.
47. Have you ever committed a crime?
Nope. I’m too goody-two-shoes to do anything outside the law.
48. Pirates or ninjas? Time Traveler or ghost?
Time traveler, hands down.
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
Yes. He stalks me regularly. It’s becoming a pain.
50. Are you in a relationship?
Not right now.
|Did that reveal too much?! Alright, enough embarrassment from me! It’s your turn. Reply with your favourite top 5 questions from above and I DARE you to pick the worst ones (I’m still being nice in letting you chose), rather than the easy ones. And this was so not tl;dr… I swear. So, I hoped you enjoyed this totally off the cuff reverie.|