It’s been a while since I posted here. The main reason why I was gone is because I was very busy at school, and probably Kanzeon doesn’t care much about that that’s why she still manages to blog. Added to that is we had an argument, but all’s well now and I’m glad to have time to blog again. So what caught my attention these past few days is this EPIC ALBUM Puncolle -Voice Actresses’ Legendary Punk Songs Collection-, where seiyuus cover legendary punk-rock songs.
- “Sex and Violence” (The Exploited) – Haruko Momoi
- “Basket Case” (Green Day) – Haruna Ikezawa
- “White Riot” (The Clash) – Kaori Shimizu
- “Pretty Fly For A White Guy” (The Offspring) – Mai Kadowaki
- “Anarchy In The UK” (SEX PISTOLS) – Rie Tanaka
- “London’s Burning” (The Clash) – Yuko Goto
- “Call Me” – Halko Momoi (Blondie)
- “God Save The Queen” (The Clash) – Haruna Ikezawa
- “Blitzkrieg Bop” (Ramones) – Kaori Shimizu
- “Search and Destroy” (Iggy & The Stooges) – Mai Kadowaki
- “Ruby Soho” ( Rancid) – Rie Tanaka
- “Smells Like Teen Spirit” (Nirvana) – Yuko Goto
And you can download all songs here:
Well here’s a sample from Mai Kadowaki (the seiyuu of Ilyasviel von Einzbern of Fate/Stay Night) singing how she’s “Pretty Fly For A White Guy” [original “The Offsprings” song]. This is my favorite song out of the album (yea, I even manage to pick a favorite) because this is the only song here that happened when I was already born or somewhat aware? Yea. So enjoy.
And here’s Momoi Haruko singing “Sex and BalenceViolence” [original “The Exploited” song]. To be really honest, this is a mindfuck. It’s like an eight-year old shouting “Sex and BalenceViolence” repeatedly. Well worth making it to a ringtone.
The cover art was awesome as hell too! Look at how those lovely lolis flippin’ their fingers! To sum it all up, this is the most wonderful thing that has been made not only in the Japanese music industry, but in the whole world’s music industry as well. It definitely shows respect punk-rock legends and made the dead ones roll over their graves and generate electricity!!!
Yea ok, I partially lied, this made my ears bleed as well as it made me ROFLMAO. But still, only if you love old punk-rock songs AND moe-voiced seiyuus at the same time (I repeat: AT THE SAME TIME), you’ll come to love it. This is guilty pleasure for me since listening to all those moe voices is heaven.