Handing out silly awards for the good and not so good from anime in 2013
Welcome folks to the first ever Metacademy Awards! Are we revealing our anime of the year? No. Are we revealing best OST? No. Those real awards are to come later, but for now the MetaCast compiled a list of fun awards to hand out for achievements, fails, orgies and… wait, what orgies? yes… and much more. We spoil a lot, so listen with caution, but hopefully you’ll enjoy!
OP: “Angel” by Angela from Coppelion
Eyecatches from the Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ OST, Disc 2
Suma’s Song: “Town Song” better known as TsunTsun Dere TsunTsun
ED: “Tsukiyomi” by phatmans after school from Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~
There could’ve been so many great dockings! Opportunities missed, Vividred!
- Best Coin Flipper: Misaka Mikoto in A Certain Scientific Railgun S OP
- Best Underappreciated Show: Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova
- Worst Failure to Meet its Own Claims: “Erasing the jinx on fighting game based anime” of BlazBlue: Alter Memory
- Best Rotoscoping: Aku no Hana
- Cutest Everything: Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko
- Honorable Mention: Yuyushiki
- Best ED Animation: Hyperdimension Neptunia
- Best animated boobs: Sekai de Ichiba Tsuyoku Naritai
- Honorable Mention: Maou from Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (only episode 1)
- Worst Localization Title: My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabu Kome wa Machigatteiru, ie OreGairu)
- Best Use of Classical Music: Shinsekai Yori
- Most Disappointing Unexplored Possibilities: Docking of Vividred Operation
- Best Town Song: “Town Song” of Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~
Kurumi’s yandere vibes are celebrated with an award from Fosh
- Worst Power Source for Giant Robots Award: Memory powered Valvraves from Kakumeiki Valvrave
- If You Blink You Missed It Award (Fanservice): All the girls of Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~
- Evil Scientist Award: Haruki from A Certain Scientific Railgun S
- Hot Blonde Award: Shokuhou Misaki from A Certain Scientific Railgun S // Kashiwazaki “Meat” Sena from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT //
- Awesome Super Powers Award: Kotoha’s summoning from Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~
- I Love You So Much I Want To Kill You Award: Tokisaki Kurumi from Date a Live
- OMG I NEED MORE OF THIS Award: Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music…
- Gets You Hyped Award (aka Openings) Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova // A Certain Scientific Railgun S // Kyousogiga OST
- I Have Something in My Eye Award: Kotoura-san // Kyousogiga // Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo //
- Laughing My Ass Off Award: WATAMOTE ~ No Matter How I Look At It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Unpopular!~ // My Mental Choices Are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy (NouKome) // Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai S2
- OK That Wasn’t So Bad After All Award: Free! // Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova
- Please Be My Waifu Award: Frau from Robotics;Notes
Best Crossdresser by a longshot. Arguably best female character design of 2013.
- Most Disappointing Full Version of a Song: “Before My Body is Dry” from Kill la Kill
- Best Cross Dresser: Rui from Gatchaman Crowds (Runner-ups: Banri from Golden Time & Yasaburou from Uchouten Kazoku)
- Best Waifu Material: Myucel from Outbreak Company
- Worst Scene: Galilei Donna ep. 4, Hozuki falls from a 6-story building, catches cold
- Worst Parents Award: Kotoura-san
- Best Short-Length Show: Muromi-san
- Best Matchup: Chihayafuru 2 finals, Misuzawa High vs. Fujisaki High
- Most Fanservice: Fairy Tail
- Best Girl of the Year: Candidates: Chihaya (Winter), Mikasa Ackerman (Spring), Lucy (Summer), Kotoha (Fall)
- The “I Wish I Were Him” Award: Hyoudou Issei from High School DxD New
- Funniest Scene: Picking a swimsuit for Petralka in Outbreak Company
Hanekawa with the best confession in anime in 2013
- Worst Role Model For Young Athletes: 3-way tie between Arata Wataya from Chihayafuru 2 for illegally entering the team tournament, then exploiting his privileged position as superstar to get off scot-free , Yura Yamato from Stella Women’s Academy, High School Division Class C3 for cheating by getting the last kill as a zombie, and all members of the Iwatobi swim team from Free! for illegally substituting one of their swimmers with one from another team for relay
- All-Time Best Anime Based On a Type-Moon Property Ever: Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya
- Worst Opening Theme: Shinobu Time opening sung by Maaya Sakamoto from Monogatari Series Second Season
- Best Confession: Hanekawa Tsubasa to Araragi Koyomi in Monogatari Series Second Season
- Worst Spiritual Successor: tie between Vividred Operation and Gatchaman Crowds
- Hottest Sister-On-Sister Action: Nishizumi Miho (and team) vs. Nishizumi Maho (and team) tank duel from Girls und Panzer
- Most Shameless Recycling of Material: I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job (Yuushibu) for reusing animation from episode 1 for the finale, as well as trumpeting out Sphere for cameos on two consecutive episodes.
- Most Incompetent Military Training: Attack on Titan narrowly beats out Coppelion for the apparent utter lack of desensitization in the training program.
- Worst Character: Hajime Ichinose from Gatchaman Crowds
- Worst Harem Lead: Kanade Amakusa from My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy (NouKome)
From ep. 8 of Freezing Vibration. Click to remove dumb text.
- Co-op w/ Kara | Best Arm-Related Injury Sustained By a Yuki Kaji Character: Eren Jaeger (bitten off and regrown), Q-vier (arm blown off along with most of body), Alibaba (arm bitten, then broken, and bitten again) and Issei Hyoudou (Dragon Arm)
- Best OP Nobody Listened to. Nominees: “Angel” by angela (Coppelion), Synchromanica (Galilei Donna)
- Biggest Trainwreck Harem: IS: Infinite Stratos 2 or Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Bride
- Best Harem Sequel: High School DxD New, honorable mention Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
- Best Nipples in Anime: Unnamed girl from Freezing Vibration
- Most Embarassing ED Song to Be Heard Listening To: “14 to 1″ from Brothers Conflict
They were in 4 of your top 5 anime last year. Trust us.
- Uprising Seiyuu with big breaks in 2013 – Nobunaga Shimazaki, Ryouta Ohsaka in males, while Emiri Katou and Mikako Komatsu in females
- Overused Seiyuu – HanaKana and Fukuyama Jun (holy crap)
- Badass Seiyuu with Variety – Miki Shinchirou for Monogatari series’ Kaiki, Gintarou from Gingitsune, Hakkenden’s pink haired bishie, Robotic;Notes anti-hero and that hentai freak from Azazel-san Z
- Previews That Did Not Help – Hiroshi Nagahama (Director) and Mangaka (Oshimi Shuuzou) actually flipping the proverbial finger to everyone on every preview of Aku no Hana.
- Shaft and NisiOisin became a Match made in heaven for Monogatari Series Second Season
- Best fights - JOJO! with all of its fabulousness!
How screwed are all those kids if this guy didn’t want to liberate Dorssia?
- Best Equal Opportunity Fanservice: Kill la Kill
- Most Fabulous Cast: Uta no Prince-sama 2000% (or actually a tie with JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, since that was pretty damn close too)
- Silliest Case of (Almost) Incest: Galilei Donna wins over OreImo due to inexplicable time travel
- “Just as Keikaku” Award: L-Elf from Kakumeiki Valvrave
When not tossing around the pigskin, Dio & Jojo hate each other’s guts
- Best Yaoi Ship of the Year: Haruto x L-Elf from Kakumeiki Valrave
- Best Frenemy: Jonathan x Dio from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure and Eren x Every Titan in Shingeki no Kyojin
- Best Yaoi Orgy: all characters in Free!
- Most Disappointing Yaoi Orgy: all the male characters in Uta no Prince-sama 2000%
- Best Yuri Orgy with Potential: Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music…
- Cutest Yuri Pairing: Ilya x Miyu in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya
- Best Yaoi Ship with Potential: Taichi x Arata in Chihayafuru 2
- Best Bittersweet Yaoi Pairing: H-neun x X-eins in Kakumeiki Valrave
- That Guy Everybody Wanna Do: tie between Haru from Free! and Eren from Shingeki no Kyojin