Time is up! Thanks to everyone who applied. Results will be out soon!
Time for the WANTED AD of FRESH MEAT! Omnomnomnom~
Oh how, some of you have missed this. Yes, I’ve been getting some email reminders even and as the situation called for it, about time for me to put up some fresh meat announcement after eight months! I almost feel like the Administrator of a college, awarding degrees to special students; though to me, all the writers and contributors around the site are very awesome people. Some of the senpais have stuck around becoming legends, while some left due to RL/studies (oh yeah, happens to all of us!), not to mention that one/two year mark in an aniblogger’s life is still very apparent.
Here, I have to applaud my core team for their dedication to posts and all around site activities (yes, we are always busy with something or another). However, due to some hiatuses and goodbyes, team expansion is in order for the continued content update for the delight of our regulars. So, WE WANTCHOO, SlavesFresh Meat~ Come and join the cool kids.
Did you know we are Dollars in disguise? Isn’t it clear from our site design?!
Who are we looking for?
- Anibloggers for Episodics, Editorials, Manga reviews, Recommendations, Impressions and News update (2-3 Positions)
- Bonus spot:
- Video Editor for hands on video editing (1 Positions)
- Artist for site projects (1 Position)
As Meta Application format has become a standard for aniblogging hiring, I will not be changing much from it:
Some criterion for what we are looking for:
If you have been sitting on the sidelines thinking, this is so interesting. I love this stuff so much that I want to share it with the rest of the fandom. You are basically it.
- FANDOM: Avid watcher/reader of anime/manga
- DEDICATION: Has more than an interest in writing/editing and sharing thoughts, as the bottom line will always be to enjoy the process.
- EXPERIENCE: Some ground knowledge about aniblogging, screen-capping (this is not mandatory as I can always provide a tutorial on our format), while visual editing would be a plus.
What an ideal application should include?
- An introduction about yourself, some info about how you came to love the fandom, your interest in writing/editing, etc.
- If you are already writing/blogging/editing/drawing (AMVs/Podcasts/fanart etc.), provide samples with your plugs.
- Aniblogger post example to be either episodic/editorial/review post in format. Add in screencaps/images to show relevance to the post you have written. Preferred format for this is MS Word document/ PDF/ Google docs.
- For Artist and/or Video Editor positions: Provide links to the media you have edited or made; Art, Fanart, Podcasts, voice overs, fan-dubs, AMVs count too.
- Answer these fandom related questions:
- What kind of anime/manga you like?
- What are you currently watching/reading? Which titles you followed for Fall 2011?
- From the Winter 2012 shows, what looks interesting to you? For blogging what is your favourite genre and shows that you would like to cover?
- If you get selected, what categories (e.g.: for Episodics, Editorials, Manga reviews, Recommendations, Impressions and News update, etc.) would you like to post for from the above wanted list?
Some Pro Messages from the Meta Team:
|Fufufu! It looks like officially time to recruit some fresh blood for Metanorn once again! If you enjoy chatting about anime or even poking fun at it like I always do, then Metanorn is the perfect place for you. You can even take part in some of our amazing podcasts and voice your opinion on anime you love or rant about things you didn’t like. Depending on what genre of anime you like we have it all! From giant mechs to moe girls doing cute things, drama filled stories that make you want to cry or gut busting comedy. If any of this sounds like fun to you then join us up! Good luck and don’t be to scared as we love new people.|
|HEAR ME, LURKERS OF METANORN. We are about to really dive into the big league and attempt to blog about EVERYTHING EVER, and we need your help to do this! If Metanorn is to take over the world, we need to increase our number. Feeling intimidated? Stop that, this isn’t even a real interview. You don’t even have to see our faces or speak or anything. You type something that is amusing to read (and fun for you to write! That is equally important!) and just click send. You will never have a job interview as easy as that, so relish it while you can. My advice? Relax, write how you usually do, and send it our way. Your natural talent will shine through a lot better if you’re writing as you always do. Best of luck to all of you! Remember, we’ll still love you no matter what!|
|Hello all possible future bloggers! Leveled-up Hoshi-senpai here welcomes you to take a chance and apply for a seat at the mighty table of Metanorn! Okay I’ll stop now…Anyway, you dear lurkers and readers alike are all welcome. I wish you all good luck upon applying and hope to work with you soon~. Let’s do this!|
|Yo~! If you have a passion for animanga, writing and expressing your fandom… please feel free to apply to Metanorn. The Meta Team is filled with all types of cool peoples who are welcoming and helpful. Not only will you get the chance to work with an awesome person such as myself, but you won’t have to pay any observation fees. As well, I believe in charging for my time, but if you make it into this blogging team of slaves… I’ll give you a discount on cool custom made graphics and icons for you to show off as your own. So don’t be shy and apply~|
|Metanorn is hiring! Yay! New people <3!!! If you’re thinking of applying (or even just entertaining the thought of possibly considering to maybe apply), you should go for it! It seems like half of us here (including myself) didn’t think that we would make it in, so working up the courage to apply is definitely worth it. Trust me, Metanorn is an awesome place~. Good luck!|
|If you want a bit of insight as to how the process of applying was for myself & Zabo, I would suggest taking a quick listen to episode 5 of MetaVerse. We’d really love to have you aboard. It’s a fun time here at Metanorn, and with such a big group of guys and gals already, there’s no shortage whatsoever of us to talk to and joke with and do fun tag posts. Can’t wait to meet you new people!|
|Wow. I never thought this day would come. The day when I graduate from being fresh meat. See those robes of noob-dom? I am casting them aside! HELL YAH!!!! Needless to say, I’m super excited about this. I’ve always wanted to
|It’s ironic how my 300th post came and went, and I didn’t even realize. If you ask me, I’ve really never looked back since I started aniblogging early 2010. I’m soon to hit the two year mark and I still face no laziness or even boredom from the fandom. It has become a part of my life, shared by many likeminded people and I don’t see it changing anytime soon. Metanorn in itself has played a big part in it and I’m proud on my team for taking it to another level. I promise on-time salaries (comments), benefits (extra graphic bling and fan following), team meets & love, pat on the back and just plain old AWESOME FUN because we got all the characters and then some over here. So, come on over~|
Obligatory Shiki Pic: Hi there, newbies. Want some strawberry Häagen–Dazs?! :3
The Deadline is 11th December, 2011 (±12hours), as we are very international and awesome!
In case of any queries, comment below, email or tweet. My team and I, would look forward to your applications as we will be judging all of them and quite thoroughly too (we had three rounds in previous hiring). So, good luck and do share this opening with your friends, who you might think would be suited for the position(s) mentioned above.
Happy word-playing. Ja ne~