Part 7: Main Female Characters
Last time, I had the Top 12 Male Characters of the year for you to vote for, this time, it’s for the girls~ Making this list is HARD. It took me days, obviously, because there are so much girls that would’ve made the cut and it was definitely hard for me to put it down to a Top 12 list only. Really awesome female characters this year. I would like to mention the characters that had almost made it in.
Alice (Pandora Hearts)
Rin (Ride Back)
Saki Morimi (Eden of the East)
Niche (Letter Bee)
Hamyuts Meseta (Tatakau Shisho)
Suou (DTB2) but I hate her so~
and others I’ve forgotten (Sorry! T^T)
*applause for them being such awesome main females*
Yeah T__T they didn’t made the cut, sorry T___T. But they deserve recognition though, I think I already spared them from the harsh voting they won’t be winning anyway because I think the Top 12 in here are both memorable and popular so they’re the ones I could imagine winning the most. Let’s go on with the list~!!
1: Amu Hinamori – Shugo Chara!
Seiyuu: Ito, Kanae
Amu Hinamori, the series protagonist, is a student of Seiyo Elementary. Amu’s classmates see her as a “Cool and Spicy” girl, but Amu is actually extremely shy and timid. Part of the reason for this misunderstanding is the trendy punk clothing her mother buys for her as well as the way in which she expresses her shyness and avoids doing new things. However, when Amu wishes for the courage to be reborn as her “would-be self”, three colorful eggs appear the next morning, which later give birth to Amu’s three Guardian Characters: Ran, Miki, and Su.
1. COOL AND SPICY ™
2. She’s our very own Anime’s Next Top Model cycle 2 winner! Yay!!! *brings back memories*
3. She’s just absolutely fierce. Even though I’m not watching her show anymore, she’s still such a lovable awesome unforgettable heroine.
4. She’s so cute. Pink hair and really cool sense of fashion.
5. Hello? She IS the Modern Mahou Shoujo Princess~
2: Beatrice – Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Seiyuu: Ohara, Sayaka
Also known as “Golden Witch”, Beatrice is a witch who has lived for over a thousand years. She has already strayed from the domain of humans, and it is said that as demons do, she appears when summoned by a human and lends them her power in exchange for an equivalent for of compensation. She likes black tea and ice cream. She hates boredom and people who deny her.
1. Golden witch with sparkling golden butterflahs surrounding her. She’s the head bitch in charge of Umineko!
2. She’s just… fierce in so much ways. Her crazy laugh, her playfulness, the sadistic attitude, and she’s just a really powerful female anime character that makes Haruhi look like just some piece of bug.
3. She fakes moe pretty well~
4. Very spoilerific~ but you’ll find out another reason why I love her so much sometime soon.
5. You get the point. Now, vote for her
3: Canaan – CANAAN
Seiyuu: Sawashiro, Miyuki
A mercenary currently operating in Shanghai. She was the only survivor of a village destroyed by war in the middle East before being found and trained by Siam, who has her adopting the name Canaan. She developed a mutual respect for her mentor during the course of her training, but after he was killed by Alphard, her mind is consumed by the thought of revenge and often gets serious whenever she sees Alphard. As an elite mercenary, Canaan is also a skilled marksman and an expert of combat. She possesses the ability known as synesthesia which allows her to concentrate and combine her senses. She uses this ability as a radar to locate others, to hack into mechanical systems, and to dodge/deflect bullets easily. If she overuses it, however, her strength will be exhausted and she will collapse. Canaan has blond hair and hazel eyes, but whenever she uses synesthesia, her eyes turn red.
1. There’s a reason why the show is named after her.
2. She’s just cool in nature. Laid-back and chill~ I love characters like that!
3. Miyuki Sawashiro is definitely a plus ++
4. I love how besides that she can kill, she cares really deeply for her friends a lot <3
5. Of course one fierce main character has great chemistry among the others and even the villain ^^.
4: Ein/Elen – Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~
Seiyuu: Takagaki, Ayahi
An assassin with such skill she was given the codename “Phantom”, a designation given only to the best killer in Inferno. She was found by Scythe Master and was his first test subject to be given his assassin-processing treatment. She has no memories of her past and is incredibly apathetic. When she escapes to Japan, she changes her name to Elen and claims to be Reiji’s twin sister. A long and rigorous investigation by Elen and Reiji traces her history back to Ulan Bator, Mongolia, and though the trail manages to stop there, Elen is able to find some peace in the area. In the anime, she is shown to have an older brother, and it is suggested the village where she lived was massacred.
1. Really really mysterious character. Even her situation at the end was just a huge question mark.
2. Besides being mysterious, I really find her calmness very beautiful. She isn’t easily emotionally affected by anything easily.. What an ice queen!
3. There are still some thing that make her so cute. School uniform, meido, and her simple desire to look at the sky bringing her happiness is just adorable for her.
4. She’s fierce and moe at the same time~
5. Did I mentioned that her quiet and calm personality is awesome??
5: Haruhi Suzumiya – TMoHS 2009
Seiyuu: Hirano, Aya
Haruhi Suzumiya can be characterized as funny, eccentric, and somewhat unpredictable. In the series, she is introduced declaring her interests in aliens, espers and time travelers and does not care for ‘ordinary’ human beings. The last thing on her mind is a normal high school life. With a burning desire to find such phenomena in the world, she is generally unapproachable and finds ordinary people boring and uninteresting. As a result of this, many of her classmates choose to avoid and confront her. She deals with her emotions by creating a parallel universe, where she inadvertently releases transparent creatures who tear up and destroy everything that comes into contact with them.
No reasons needed, she’s god.
6: Hinagiku Katsura – Hayate no Gotoku!!
Seiyuu: Itou, Shizuka
Hinagiku is the current student council president, and kendo club president at Hakuou Academy, the school that Nagi, Isumi, and eventually Hayate attends. She is fifteen (later sixteen) and is an expert with swords, specifically kendo. She first meets Hayate when he gets lost on the huge Hakuou campus and invites him to the top of the clocktower, where only student council elites are allowed. She allows Hayate to call her by her first name and also seems to be infatuated by Hayate and his attractive personality.
1. LONG PINK HAIR
2. She’s COOL and AWESOME …awesome, awesome, awesome!! can’t think of anything else to describe her
3. SHE WAS ROBBED ON SAIMOE (AGAIN!) T___T
4. She’s very beautiful and versatile yet still imperfect, which makes her character very awesome and lovable.
5. Seriously, I’m just speechless when it comes to Hina.
7: Hitagi Senjougahara – Bakemonogatari
Seiyuu: Saito, Chiwa
Hitagi, the main character, is a weak-looking girl with an “incurable disease”. She is in the same class as Koyomi, but he has almost never heard her speak. She scores top grades and, supposedly, comes from a wealthy household. When she was in the first year of high school she encountered a mysterious crab, after which she became weightless (5kg. – Clothes). Ever since, she has avoided contact with everyone else, threatening everyone who discovers her secret. She carries hundreds of scisors and staplers hidden in her school uniform. These serve as weapons and as a way to emulate her real weight.
1. Again, she’s one character that makes me speechless. Senjougahara Fascination just describes her perfectly. Brings “moe” to a whole new expensive level.
2. Tsundere-chan more than the meets of the eye = Such a fascinating character. She is calculative, manipulative, intelligent and just awesome and fierce~
3. She can be a sexual tease, someone who can make you a cute bento, and someone that’s just life threatening at the same time. lol.
4. How she shows her love is the most fascinating thing about her ever~
5. Ok what are you waiting for? VOTE.
8: Horo – Spice and Wolf II
Seiyuu: Koshimizu, Ami
She is a wolf god of harvest originally from a land in the north known as Yoitsu. She made a promise with men from a town called Pasroe where she would ensure the town would have good wheat harvests year after year. However, as time went on, the townspeople slowly started to forsake Holo and did not rely on her like they used to. As such, Holo escapes from town to Lawrence’s wagon and starts traveling with him to see how much the world has changed since she has been in Pasroe. She is typically very haughty and self-sufficient, though due to her isolation for hundreds of years in Pasroe, she came to feel very lonely, and sometimes shows a more fragile side of her. She has a peculiar way of speaking, modeled after the oiran high-class courtesans. She is fond of delicious food and alcohol, though especially loves apples. She takes pride in her tail and takes special care of it, constantly combing and maintaining it.
1. I love her teasings~ Too bad the guy she has was such dense until the later parts..
2. She’s just so adorable. How she loves wine, apple, fur, etc~
3. Yeah, I love how complex her personality is. Cute and adorable to flirtacious, prideful, witty, etc.
4. Horo >>>> Holo (when it comes to spelling her name :P)
5. SHE’S SUCH A GREAT ACTRESS xD If you know what I mean. Epic Oscar-levels of trolling xD
9: Mikoto Misaka – To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
Seiyuu: Satou, Rina
A psychic user of Academy City, her powers are ranked Level 5, the highest rank for the most powerful psychic users and is one of the seven people who hold this rank. Her power is to generate electricity; she is powerful enough to blackout the city, and make instant railguns by using coins as projectiles and uses her electricity to magnetically control Iron particles around her into a Chainsword whip. She has a one-sided rivalry with Touma ever since he tried to save her from a group of thugs despite the fact she did not need help and surviving her electrical shock unhurt. Since that incident, she is always trying to have a match with Touma and defeat him despite his many attempts to avoid conflict and not knowing about his special powers. She eventually develops strong feelings towards Touma. She also shares a very deep bond with her roommate Shirai Kuroko, who is in love with her. However, Kuroko’s affections are not returned by Mikoto.
1. Biri biri tsundere.. ok, scratch tsundere, she’s a “Thundere”~
2. She can fry your ass in a speed of light~
3. She’s just very likable. I don’t see any other reason to hate her besides the usual “I hate popular characters”- hate to make yourself look cool among others >.> I think Biri Biri is pure entertainment~
4. She wears spats. Brilliant~
5. ’nuff said. Biri biri rocks~
10: Alicia Melchiott – Valkyria Chronicles
Seiyuu: Inoue, Marina
A young lady who is one day hoping to become a baker. She served as a team captain of the Bruhl Town Watch and was called for duty after the invasion, being posted to Squad 7 like Welkin. From her previous experience, she will serve as one of the scouts.
She is extremely reliable, full of righteousness and loves taking care of others. At first, she is perplexed by Welkin’s personality, but soon learns what is special about his gentle ways.
1. Her facial expressions are just hilarious XDDD;
2. She had more balls than the male lead throughout the entire series (Welkin had like, been awesome near the end). Seriously. Alicia pwns~
3. She bakes~ there’s still a girly-girl soft side of her ^^. She can be kickass while still being normally girlish at the same time. (That didn’t made sense xD)
4. Probably the spoiler everyone had been spoiled about (thanks to the OP >.>), she’s just FEROCIOUSLY FIERCE WITH HER PWNZORING POWAA.
5. Marina Inoue, and I’m done.
11: Sawako Kuronuma – Kimi ni Todoke
Seiyuu: Noto, Mamiko
Kuronuma Sawako (a.k.a. Sadako by classmates) is a shy yet honest girl who is in search of friendship. She is now making friends and talking to different people. She is grateful to (and at first, worships) Kazehaya for giving her the opportunities to make these friends. She is close friends with Yano, Yoshida, Kazehaya and Ryuu. She is short due to the fact that her father is very short (160cm). At the first visit by Chizuru and Ayane to Sawako’s house, Chizuru notes that Sawako’s lips looks like her mother and mostly the other features looks like her father.
1. She’s just soooo cute and innocent. Also, sweet but not the ‘too sugary sweet’ kind. She’s so adorable~
2. I love her motto “One good deed a day”, it’s very simple but sweet ^^.
3. She’s so misunderstood, you just wanna say ‘Dawwww~’ and glomp her everytime she looks troubled.
4. Her awkwardness and shyness adds a lot more to her cuteness. She’s funny sometimes too ^^.
5. Noto Mamiko.
12: Yui Hirasawa – K-ON!
Seiyuu: Toyosaki, Aki
Yui is one of the members of the light music club, and plays a Cherry Sunburst Gibson Les Paul Standard electric guitar that she nicknames ”Giita”. She does not get good grades in school and is easily distracted by trivialities. Yui is clumsy and easily spaces out most of the time. She takes a huge liking for any kind of food, but admits that she does not gain any weight. She has her younger sister Ui to take care of her and keep herself in line. She has a very easy-going nature, but has incredible concentration when hyped, though this is only limited to one subject at a time. She will totally neglect any other things in the process, to the point of forgetting anything she has learned beforehand. Despite all of this, Yui is still devoted to her band and will practice hard enough for the club. She has perfect pitch and is one of the group’s vocalists, although she is known to forget her lyrics in mid-performance, as well as overdoing things, making her unable to perform sometimes.
1. She cares a lot for her friends. Which is the thing I enjoyed the most on K-ON!, friendship ftw!
2. She’s a “dumb genius”. ’nuff said.
3. Psssh~ forced characterization? Pfft~ You’re taking this anime seriously.
4. Every interaction she has with each of the characters is just really cute to see
5. I actually like Yui in manga more. She’s much more awesome!
You can vote up to five (5) choices! So which one between the twelve will win Fan Favorite? The competition is indeed on fire in this category ^^.