So. How ‘bout that Kimi to Boku, eh? It finally aired, and some of us watched it. You wanna know what we thought? Read on!
– Added new shows: Shigofumi OVA (which is probably the 13th unreleased episode), Skip Beat!, Casshern SINS and Seto no Hanayome OVA
– Added air dates: Zettai Shougeki ~Platonic Heart~(Battles 1 and 2) and Shigofumi OVA
– Added seiyuu info: Shigofumi OVA, Skip Beat!, Seto no Hanayome OVA
I’m all so hyped up on the upcoming Fall 2008 season anime that’s why I already put up an early preview. This seems to be the best batch this year yet with lots of anime to watch. I’ll update this post every time I found new anime and some new info. Feel free to comment on which anime do you like or hate and start to list up the shows you’ll pick up next season:) SO HERE’S THE PREVIEW!!! /last update: 09/14/
QUIZ MAGIC ACADEMY ~The Original Animation~ (OVA)
Production: AIC PLUS
– A video game adaptation with the same title.
– Might watch this. I love the character designs.
School Rumble: 3rd Term (2nd)
Production: Studio Comet
Seiyuu: Ami Koshimizu [Eureka Seven: Anemone; Code Geass: Kallen]
– I love School Rumble so I’ll definitely not pass on this one.
Lucky Star OVA
Seiyuu: Aya Hirano [Haruhi Suzumiya], Emiri Katou [Telepathy Shoujo Ran: Ran], Aya Endo [Neo Angelique Abyss: Angelique], Kaori Fukuhara [Yotsunoha: Nanami]
– Portrays the lives of several school girls attending a Japanese high school with a very loose humor tone. The main heroine is Konata Izumi, an athletic and intelligent girl who, despite these attributes, is not in a sports club, and her grades remain low. Her laziness at school is due to her love for anime and video games, and she is not interested in much else. [ANN]
– DUH!!! Lucky Star is a definite YES to me.
Xam’D Lost Memories
[09/24] – On Playstation stores
[09/26] – NicoNico Anime Channel
Seiyuu: Kana Ueda [Gakuen Alice: Mikan Sakura], Yuki Matsuoka [Bleach; Inoue Orihime]
– This is the 13th, unreleased episode of Shigofumi. Fumika and Kanaka are mail carriers- but not the typical kind. For one, Kanaka is a talking staff and for two, Fumika delivers shigofumi: letters from the dead addressed to the living. These letters are a final, true, communication derived from hate, hope, and love. The story unfolds following this pair and their uncommon job as well as Fumika’s unique ‘situation’. [ANN]
– Definitely watching…
Hakushaku to Yousei
Production: Artland [Bokura Ga Ita]
Seiyuu: Nana Mizuki [Shugo Chara!: Utau; Itazura na Kiss: Kotoko], Sugita Tomokazu [TMoHS: Kyon; Kanon: Yuuichi; Chobits: Hideki]
– A 17-year-old named Lydia Carlton whose fascination with fairies led to her nickname, the “Fairy Doctor.” While sailing to London, Lydia encounters Edgar J.C. Ashenheart, the Count of the Blue Knights, and joins him on his search for the sword of his family lineage.
– Looks interesting and I’m a sucker for Old English themes so I might check this one out.
EVE no Jikan ~act 2: SAMMY~
– 2nd part of the 6-episode ONA series centered on a society where humans and robots live together and a place where the difference of each other becomes irrelevant.
– This show is awesome. I’ll be blogging and watching it.
Seiyuu: Rie Kugimiya [Shakugan no Shana: Shana, Zero no Tsukaima: Louise], Hirofumi Nojima [Shakugan no Shana: Ike]
– A man with eyes that are so scary, so mean looking, that he’s been isolated by almost everyone he’s ever met. A girl who’s said to be as fierce as a tiger. There is one girl who isn’t afraid of him, the tiger’s best friend, and as a result he’s developed a crush on her. However, his only male friend is the idol of the tiger’s affection. Due to a misplaced love-letter, the two team up in this odd-pair romance to help the other succeed in their love-goals. [ANN]
– This award-winning manga tops my must-watch list this Fall. I really can’t wait for this one and I got high expectations on this so I hope this one doesn’t disappoints.
Seiyuu: Fuuruya Tohru [World Destruction: Toppi; Sailor Moon: Tuxedo Mask], Minaguchi Yuko [Kanon: Akiko Minase]
Seiyuus: Aya Hirano [Haruhi Suzumiya; Lucky Star: Konata; Death Note: Misa Amane], Fumiko Orikasa [Bleach: Rukia; SaiKano: Chise],
– The story follows the antics of four high school freshman girls, after they enroll into a huge private academy that teaches every grade from elementary school to high school.
– I love the seiyuus they put up in here so I’ll think I give it a try for the first few eps…
– The story revolves a quartet of teenaged heroes: a super-strong girl named Hime, a mind-reader named Ao, a conjurer named Kotoha — and an ordinary, powerless boy named Akina. The three girls and Akina protect the city of Sakurashin from supernatural threats.
– This one looks interesting so I’ll try to watch it but not blog it.
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~
Production: KyoAni [The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Kanon, Air]
– Prepare your tissues on this one.
Production: A-1 Pictures Inc.
Seiyuu: Daisuke Ono [Minami-Ke: Hosaka, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Itsuki Koizumi], Sakamoto Maaya [Ouran: Haruhi Fujioka, World Destruction: Morte]
– One of the noble families of England, Phantomhives butler Sebastian Michaels has got unquestionably perfect knowledge, manners, talent with materials, martial arts, etc, but is also able to serve a 12 year old master.
– I LOVE the manga because it’s so funny so I’ll put this one on my must-watch list…
Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka
Production: TNK, Marvelous Entertainment
Seiyuu: Aya Hirano[Haruhi Suzumiya; Lucky Star: Konata], Rie Kugimiya[Shakugan no Shana: Shana, Zero no Tsukaima: Louise]
– The story centers around a boy named Jun-ichi Nagase at a prestigious academy, and a female transfer student named Yuuhi Katagiri — who just happens to be Jun-ichi’s fiancée, as arranged by his family. [ANN]
– This one has a powerhouse of seiyuus in it. Hope this one won’t end up like Dragonaut.
Hokuto no Ken Raoh no Gaiden
Seiyuu: Takashi Ukaji [Fist of the North Star series: Raoh}
Tales of the Abyss
Production: Bandai Visual, Sunrise, NAMCO
Seiyuu: Chihiro Suzuki [Elfen Lied: Kouta], Yukana Nogami [Code Geass: CC; Pretty Cure: Honoka]
Kurogane no Linebarrel
Seiyuu: Mamiko Noto [Nogizaka Haruka; Jigoku Shoujo: Enma Ai], Tetsuya Kakihara [Gurren Lagann: Simon]
– The story centers on a middle school boy named Kōichi Hayase who was seriously injured by an apparent accident: the fall of an artificial satellite in 2013. Hayase wakes up half a year later with strange powers. Then, in 2016, a mysterious 21-meter-tall robot named Linebarrel appears before him. Hayase joins Linebarrel’s other pilot, Emi Kizaki, in fighting for Juda, the world’s largest medical equipment maker which happens to secretly own seven Machina robots like Linebarrel.
– Meh, it will be animated by Gonzo… But still… Noto Mamiko, Kana Ueda and Tetsuya Kakihara… Jun Fukuyama will also go mecha again in this one.
Zettai Yareru Girisha Shinwa
Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae
Production: Studio DEEN [Hatenkou Yuugi]
Seiyuu: Mamiko Noto [Nogizaka Haruka], Masaya Matsukaze [Ouran: Kyouya]
– The third season of Jigoku Shoujo, an original production.
– Personally, I’m very curious what’ll be this about since the previous season ended up with *SPOILER: Enma Ai dying… And I had watched the first two seasons so I might as well watch this…
Shugo Chara 2
– Not a fan. Not watching it.
Production: A-1 Pictures Inc. [Persona ~Trinity Soul~]
Seiyuu: Haruka Tomatsu [To-Love-Ru: Lala; Absolutely Lovely Children: Senko]; Hiro Shimono [SA ~Special A~: Tadashi]
– The story begins when an art student named Jin Mikuriya carves a statue from the wood of the Kannagi tree — only to have the statue come to life. The original tree happened to be possessed by a goddess, who has now taken over the statue. Jin finds himself being dragged around as “Nagi” goes around taking care of the duties of a goddess.
– I heard that the director of this is the original director of Lucky Star so I think I might give this a try.
Production: Hal Film Maker [ARIA the Animation]
Seiyuus: Chiwa Saito [Baccano!: Carol; Kanokon: Akane], Eri Kitamura [Vampire Knight: Rima; Kodomo no Jikan: Rin], Haruka Tomatsu [To-Love-Ru: Lala]
– The story centers on a typical high school boy and a doll-like robot that suddenly appears in his bedroom. The robot declares itself to be the boy’s wife, and only then does a beautiful girl emerge out of the robot’s mouth. The girl turns out to be someone who was promised the boy’s hand in marriage ten year earlier. [Moonphase]
– The plot seems common already… Loser guy meets slut (and it’s a robot this time)… Pass on this one.
Seiyuu: Nana Akiyama, Fujiwara Keiji
– The story is about an undead girl who has made a deal with Buddhist monk, Keisei. In order to finally reach Heaven, she must “kill” 108 corpses.
– Yep. Definitely watching this.
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Seiyuu: Atsushi Abe [Shugo Chara: Kukai], Rina Satou [Mahou Sensei Negima: Negi]
– In the story, Tōma Kamijō is an ordinary high school boy with terrible academic scores and a power called Imagine Breaker. Imagine Breaker can defeat any other power, but it also undermines Kamijō’s own good luck. His Imagine Breaker’s immense strength is literally immeasurable, so hapless Kamijō is listed at the supernatural level of 0. He happens to meet a girl in white hanging off his window balcony. The girl says she is being chased by sorcerers, and Kamijō learns that the girl is a Church of England nun whose memories have been forcibly replaced by Index-Librorum-Prohibitorum — the 103,000 forbidden texts of the Church.
– The nun looks interesting for the lulz…
Production Studio: Hal Film Maker
Seiyuus:Inoue Marina [Iku: Toshokan Sensou], Miyano Mamoru [Death the Kid: Soul Eater, Tamaki: Ouran]
– Kyoko has devoted her life to Shotaro. When Shotaro came to Tokyo to debut as a singer, she followed him and worked to provide for him. But one day, Kyoko overhears Shota telling his manager that Kyoko means nothing to him. She’s just convenient, a housekeeper. This makes Kyoko furious, and she vows revenge on Shotaro. But Shotaro just laughs at her, saying she won’t be able to touch him because he’s now a popular singer and she’s a nobody. So Kyoko decides to get into showbiz and become even more popular than Shotaro to humiliate him. Unfortunately, Shotaro has destroyed Kyoko’s ability to love, and she discovers that it is a prerequisite for her to debut from her chosen company, LME. The president of LME puts her into a new section made for those who caught his eye but have something missing. It’s name… Section Love Me. [ANN]
– Shoujo fans are already roaring on this one but I think I’m not very much excited on seeing this since I have a bunch on my watch list already…
– Life is slightly depressing and normal for high-schooler Kensuke Nimura – except that he can see ghosts. This ability generally hinders him more than it helps him, until he encounters Kagura Tsuchimiya while being pursued by evil spirits. They accidentally kiss and fight off the spirits together. The next day, she transfers into his class. Kagura is an agent of a government agency that defends the public against supernatural enemies. She wields a Ga-rei, a spirit beast that kills these spirits. Kensuke’s spiritual awareness and his attraction to Kagura forces him to follow her to the agency, where he is recruited to fight the supernatural. [Wikipedia]
– Horror, spirits and romance? I’ll try this one out. I think this one would be different from the manga…
– I’m starting to hate this one even if it’s not airing yet lulz…
Gundam 00: 2nd Season
Seiyuu: Mamoru Miyano [Ouran: Tamaki; Soul Eater: Death the Kid, Vampire Knight: Zero]
– It is the year A.D. 2307. Fossil fuels on Earth have been depleted entirely, with mankind turning to the next available power source: solar energy. During this time, 3 orbital elevators with solar power generation systems are built, each under control by the Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations (formerly United States of America), the Human Reform League (Russia, China and India) and the Advanced European Union. However, not all countries are able to enjoy the benefits of this system, leading to widespread resentment and war. Arising out of the conflict, a mysterious military organization known as Celestial Being appears, dedicated to end all warfare using Mobile Suits called Gundam.[ANN]
– More Gundam gayness…..
Today in Class 5-2 TV
Seiyuu: Kobayashi Yu, Shimoda Asami
– An ecchi, school-life comedy show about Ryota Satou and his hilarious events and, often perverted, situations that he goes through and ends up in. [ANN]
– I might watch this for the first few eps if it will impress me.
Vampire Knight Guilty
Production: Studio DEEN
Seiyuu: Yui Horie [Kanon: Ayu], Miyano Mamoru [see Gundam 00], Daisuke Kishio [Rosario to Vampire: Tsukune]
– Takes place where the first season left off and probably follows the manga.
– I’m watching this one but not flabbergasting-ly excited about it.
ef ~a tale of melodies~
Seiyuu: Kouichi Toochika, Mai Goto [both are known for their previous ef performances]
– Escaping from a brother who had just ascended the throne, Yoshitsune, along with his servant, comes across a house in the middle of a desolate mountain. Oddly enough, only a young woman lives there, who seems to possess a very dark and ominous past.
– This one has too much gore, blood and adult material… I think I’ll just be passing this one.
Seiyuu: I don’t care.
– In the new story, the alien creature Stitch is running off on the mad scientist Jumba’s space scooter when he gets caught in a space storm and has to make an emergency landing at Izayoi Island, the southermost tip of Japan. There, he meets Yūna, a spirited fourth-grade girl who happens to know karate. Yūna tells Stitch about the Stone of Chitama, a mysterious object that can make any wish come true. However, he has to perform 43 good deeds to receive his wish. [ANN]
– Not me! Maybe my little sis will watch this one.
Production: Artland [Bokura Ga Ita]
Seiyuus: Daisuke Kishio [Vampire Knight: Kaname Kuran; Mermaid Melody: Kaito] Kaori Nazuka [Eureka Seven: Eureka]
– The series is a space opera based on a series of three books written by Tanaka between 1988 and 1991 about people who try to liberate the galaxy from the rule of the Tytania-clan and seeks refuge with a rebel force.
– The art is astonishing. I might try this one because the story looks promising.
Nodame Cantabile: Paris Arc
Production: JC Staff
Seiyuu: Ayako Kawasumi [Fate/Stay Night: Saber; Ai Yori Aoshi: Aoi], Tomokazu Seki [Gravitation: Shuichi; FMP: Sousuke Sagara]
– The gang now goes to Europe to drive more of the musicality on themselves.
– I love the live-action series and I already know the story so I guess I’ll just watch it when there’s free time.
Seiyuu: Retaining the game’s original cast: Yoshino Hiroyuki, Kitamura Eri
– In this psychological suspense story, a shut-in teenager named Takumi becomes embroiled in a series of mysterious deaths around the Tokyo neighborhood of Shibuya.
– I’ll try this one out since I love horror anime ^__^ I also saw some parts of the game and I’m captivated by its themes and mysteriousness.
Junjou Romantica 2
Seiyuus: Takahiro Sakurai [Code Geass: Suzaku; Tactics: Haruka, Kentarou Itou [Bleach: Renji]
– Sequel of Junjou Romantica… Do I need to say more besides from your episodic dose of tsundere uke’s and buttsecksing?
Michiko to Hatchin
Production Manglobe Inc. [Samurai Champloo]
– The title’s Michiko is a free-willed “sexy diva” who destroys a supposedly inescapable prison fortress, while Hatchin is a girl fleeing her strict foster parents. The two join forces on an improbable escape to freedom.[ANN]
– Lol. No offense but they look like a freak-duo. Totally gonna pass up on this one since I’m not into these kinds of anime…
episode 1 OVA
– Kai Eto may look like a squeaky clean kid, but the Greater Kanto Narcotics Control Division’s new investigator hides a violent alter ego and a dangerous past. With his stoic partner Hal Kurabayashi, Kai is assigned to track down and stop the distribution of Dragon Speed, a dangerous new drug. But Ryugen, the syndicate trafficking the drug, is almost impossible to infiltrate. Add street violence and a jurisdiction war with the Meguro Police, and poor Kai is in for some very long days at the office.
– I’ll try to watch and even blog this one. I kinda liked the manga and I hope this would turn out fine.
Ikoku Irokoi Romantan
2nd episode OVA
Seiyuus: Itou Kentarou [Dragonaut: Gio, Suwabe Junichi[La Corda D Oro: Tsuchiura]
– The young leader of the Oomi group, Ranmaru, is forced to marry Kaoru, the daughter of the head of another group. The couple go to Italy, and have their wedding on a ship. However, neither of them actually likes the marriage, and Ranmaru is kicked out by his new wife Kaoru on their first night. Al (Alberto), an Italian man on the ship, takes an interest in Ranmaru, and the story revolves around the romance between the two men, Ranmaru and Al. [ANN]
Gunslinger Girl ~TEATRINO~ OVA
Zettai Shougeki ~Platonic Heart~ OVA
[10/29: ~Battle 1~], [11/27: ~Battle 2]
Seiyuu: Kaori Nazuka [True Tears: Hiromi; Eureka Seven: Eureka]
– The story centers on the Platonic Heart, a jewel that — according to an old urban legend — can grant any wish when collected. Only a chosen few are allowed to compete in the Platonic Heart hunt, and high school junior Aya Iseshima is one of 11 girls and women who are taking part.
– I’ll try to watch this one since it’s only an OVA. There are plenty of girls in there! I like the nurse one XD…
Heart no Kuni no Alice OVA
– The story is like a renewed Alive in Wonderland with bishies. I think there’s reverse-harem here.
– HOORAY REVERSE HAREM! Woot can’t wait for this one ^_^
Seto no Hanayome OVA
Seiyuu: Halko Momoi [CODE-E: Keiko], Takahiro Mizushima [This Ugly Yet Beautiful World: Takeru]
– San Seto, is a mermaid who rescues a boy named Nagasumi Michishio from drowning. However, if a human sees a mermaid’s true form, both must be killed. Nagasumi and San have to marry and keep San’s mermaid form a secret to survive.
– Watching OVAs won’t hurt much since they’re only an ep long or two so I’ll watch ’em…
– There is a World Beautiful-Skin Competition (WBC) to which the 3 billion women of the world aspire. Carrying on the 300-year legacy of the competition are the twin Bihada sisters, Sara and Saki. [ANN]
– Wtf????? Another anime with a weird motif. I don’t know if this would be good.
SO THE VERDICT…
Red – Not watching/blogging
Blue – Will be watching/ Try to watch
Green Star – Top Priority/ Might blog
Here are the list of who subs what.