By Team Meta, posted under ANIME, Anime Season Catalogue, Announcements, Featured, First Look, HEADLINE
// TV Shorts:
- Fuusen Inu Tinny 2nd Season – Follows a dog and his friends who wear balloons and explore a kingdom in the clouds.
- Kowabon – a horror story, will be animated using a technique called rotoscoping. Animators will trace live-action footage frame-by-frame to recreate it as animation.
- Kagewani – Mysterious monsters that appear and attack in present time. The people can only be played with by them in this extreme situation. Why do these monsters appear to attack people…? Sousuke Banba, a scientist, searches for the truth with the keyword “Kagewani”. A new feeling of panic suspense animation begins.
- Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan – Hakone is a modern city in Japan with a dormant -but one would assume amusing- volcano. But it also posesses a wealth of hot springs; Our very own Overcooled visited in the Summer of this year. It’s a popular tourist vacation spot, and was, once upon a time, popular with Angels and EVA units. This time it’s light comedy fairies and all the assorted hijinks one can dream of. Takeyuki Yanase (Himegoto) is the director and character designer with Asahi Productions, who’s not done too much that is memorable, save for Yanase’s Himegoto short. But it’s in association with Production Reed, who has been around for quite some time. I did a bit of digging into his background, and besides these two shows, there is a ton of bondage-Pink Pineapple-style hentai in his resume. I wonder if he’s worked any, or all, of that out of his system yet? Let’s assume that he has, but let’s also assume some general mischief as well. I would love to look forward to a wacky comedy with some heartwarming bits in, that wasn’t afraid to get at least a touch naughty here and there, HImegoto style. [skylion]
- Hacka Doll The Animation – DeNA revealed during a stage event at the “Machi Asobi 14” event in Tokushima on Sunday that its Hacka Doll news app is inspiring a television anime series. Hacka Doll The Animation, which will be a series of anime shorts, will air on the Tokyo MX TV and BS 11 television channels’ “Ultra Super Anime Time” programming block starting in October 2015.
- Ame-iro Cocoa: Rainy Color e Youkoso! – Life at the Rainy Color café can never be described as boring. The arrival of the Koga brothers from England—Noel, always brimming with curiosity, and Nicola, somewhat shy and conservative—ensures that their sibling, café manager Shion, is kept on his toes. There’s also another newcomer, cameraman/photographer Jun Arisawa, who holds a mysterious connection to café owner Koji Amami. Last but not least, there’s a special photograph that incites all kinds of heartfelt and comedic reactions from the Rainy Color crew!
- Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note – Aya Tachibana is a sixth-grader who frets and obsesses over friends, family, grades, and more. One day, she joins the “Tantei Team KZ” with four very idiosyncratic boys she met at cram school. There is the glib and attention-grabbing leader Kazuomi Wakatake, the mysterious “expert of personal relationships” Takakazu Kuroki, the smart and stoic math genius Kazunori Uesugi, and the sweet-hearted Kazuhiko Kozuka who is good at social matters and science. Aya finds her place among them as the “language expert.” “Tantei Team KZ” gets involved in modern-day cases, and even if they bicker from time to time, they collaborate by pooling each of their talents and skills to solve these cases.
- Anitore! EX – “Move your soul and body!” Each episode contains a variety of routines, such as push-ups, sit-ups, spine twists, dance, yoga, stretches, trunk training, and taichi. Five girls aiming to become idols will exercise with you, and that troubling body fat percentage will go down by 1000%…!?
- Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! – Komori Can’t Refuse. Maybe you shouldn’t either. From the creator of I Can’t Understand What my Husband is Saying. This one really does wear it’s slice of life tag. But where many would see a very boring formula, Komori-san twists that up enough with comedic observations and an odd supporting cast of contrasts to the MC, keeping it offbeat and oddball; life gets sliced up that’s for sure. This is not a moe show, though it will dip it’s big toe in those waters if it can pull a joke out of it, just like the creator’s previous series. The gimmick, Komori getting super-power-ups for doing good deeds, does provide a lot of material for the comedy, but the cast pulls off all the humor. I’m hoping that the Denki-gai character designer can live up to some of the weird nature of the characters. This should fill your comedy slot for the Fall. [skylion]
- Fushigi na Somera-chan – The story follows the everyday life of Somera Nonomoto who can use the strongest kenpo, Nonomoto Mahou-ken, which is inherited from her mother with her younger sister Kukuru.
- JK Meshi! – Three high school girls (joshikousei) explore cooking.
- Kamisama Minarai: Himitsu no Cocotama – Cocotama are tiny gods born from the thoughts and feelings of objects that people use with great care. The fact that Cocotama wear part of the egg they hatch out of as underwear is proof that they are still apprentices. The Cocotama use a mysterious magic, and they train hard to be of use to humans and to become full gods. They live inside human houses and stealthily move around to help humans find things they have lost, although they make many mistakes.
- Kyoufu! Zombie Neko – The series of “warm and soothing” anime shorts will follow a cat who is suddenly resurrected from the grave, and begins to wander around town. Despite being a zombie, the cat is able to get all the townsfolk to fall in love with it.
- Jakusansei Million Arthur – During the live-stream of the Majo Labo! program, it was announced that Kakusansei Million Arthur will be receiving an ONA adaptation. The ONA will be based on the official 4-koma web comic and will run for four cours, debuting in Fall.
- Monster Strike – Hiroki Morita, the president of the social networking service mixi, announced on Tuesday that an anime adaptation of his company’s Monster Strike mobile action role-playing game has been green-lit for broadcast this year. He added that a Nintendo 3DS version of the game is in development for release this year. He did not give any more details on both new projects during Monday’s financial results presentation in Tokyo.
- Kanojo ga Kanji wo Suki na Riyuu. – Anime shorts created by Studio 4℃ as a collaboration with the Japan Kanji Aptitude Test.
- MILPOM★ – Stop motion shorts that feature dolls in a surreal world for girls.
- Ponkotsuland Saga